Apr 29, 2016
Defined and refined, grey is an interior classic. Authoritative on its own, it responds to warmth in the form of tan tones and pale timbers. It screams classic European style and is always sophisticated. Try it instead of beige and you’ll never look back. Here’s 10 reasons why grey is good.
1. Haymes Paint inspiration image featuring fabrics and textures to represent three greys: Phantom, Refuge 1 and Refuge 2, from $37/L, Haymes Paint; www.haymespaint.com.au
[caption id="attachment_515" align="aligncenter" width="410"] Haymes Colour Forecast. Styled by Ruth Welsby, Photography by Martina Gemmola.[/caption]
2. Hampton linen sofa, $5600, MCM House; www.mcmhouse.com.au.
3. Cole & Son Florencecourt wallpaper, $250/roll, Radford Furnishings; www.radfordfurnishings.com.
4. Bjork wool and leather stool in Light Grey, $499, Top 3 By Design; www.top3.com.au.
5. Iosis Paris Berlingot velvet cushion, $150, Francalia; www.francalia.com.au.
6. Muuto Leaf lamp, $274, Nest UK; www.nest.co.uk.
8. Oslo upholstered armchair, $2990, Surrounding Australia; www.surrounding.com.au.
9. Oona carpet in Grey, $690, Normann Copenhagen; www.normann-copenhagen.com.
10. Antigua linen waffle throw, $215, Coast New Zealand; www.coastnewzealand.com.
On trend: Greyscale